The Sports Business Daily has a big article up on the WWE Network, including many details about the launch. Here are the highlights…
* The launch date for the WWE Network will be on April 1st, 2012. That is the same day as WrestleMania.
* WWE is telling potential partners that the network will launch in 40 million homes.
* Comcast is working with WWE to help them clear cable and satellite systems as part of their ongoing relationship now that Comcast merged with NBC/Universal.
* A Network head has not be named, but WWE is currently seeking someone for the position with reality TV experience.
* According to sources, there is talk of sports team programming on the Network in an effort to reach outside of wrestling content.
* Sucherman Consulting Group is currently working with WWE to help staff 200 positions for the Network.
* WWE’s Michelle Wilson would not comment on any carriage or advertising commitments, due to the fact that that they were still in negotiations.
* The article stated that most of WWE’s PPV programming would migrate to the network, but it did not say specifically if they would air live or be replays that ran after the PPV broadcast.